Saturday, January 26, 2013

Facebook prison

The first thing I do in the morning is check Facebook, the last thing I do at night is check Facebook. I refresh my feed when I am driving, I refresh my feed when I am playing play-doh. Sometimes Luca  tries to get my attention, but I am refreshing my feed. It's a serious addiction that I am ridding from my life. I am a self described Facebook fiend. I deleted the App from my iPhone and I am ready to start my new life Facebook free.


The world has gotten scary, and it happened right before our eyes. We no longer talk to each other, we know what the top of most of our friends heads look like, it's foreign for most to hear the ringing of our phones, but we know the jingle of our text notifications like the cry of our own baby. We need to nip this lifestyle in the bud before it spins out of control. Write more letters, make more phone calls, and say more "good mornings" to a fellow walker-bye-er.
I am going to test life out Facebook free and see how it goes, I will most definitely, probably, more than likely, have it back one day.








4 comments:

  1. I could be on FB less for sure. I like to check out the updates from friends and family and I also like the interaction when I post new pics of my kids, etc. I hate it but I do flip around on my iPhone when I'm out and about and check it. Why? What is so important that it can't wait? It is an addiction for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that interaction as well Andrea! I really enjoy instagram, it doesn't bring me down like facebook sometimes does... hope your move went smoothly!

      Delete
  2. You can do it Jenna! I've been facebook free for... nearing TWO YEARS and it feels incredibly liberating. So nice to read your newest entries :)
    Love (from across the big pond),
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angieeeeee!!!!!!!! How are you?!?!?!?!? I lost the paper with your e-mail on it! I've been dying to know how it's going!

      Delete