Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

What does the New Year mean to you? Will you do things different? Stop eating those late night doritos?  Maybe you dusted off your yoga mat and bought a new pair of gym shoes.

I woke up on New Year's day feeling a rush of excitement. Extremely EXTREMELY sleep deprived I jumped out of bed at Luca's first call, feeling amazing. I am feeling good within myself. Of course wine helps on a nightly basis and- this- I do not plan on giving up. I have been working on being able to feel happy without outside influences. Sure a text here and there from a cute boy makes my heart flutter; but I feel I can get to my happy place all on my own. I don't even need Luca's help. All it takes is a constant state of consciousness. I am ok on my own, I will always be ok on my own; if someone comes my way and treats me the way I deserve then excellent. If not...well that's a super shitty waste and it will give my mother a heart attack, but it's ok.
I rang in the New Year at work with a nice glass of bubbly and a section full of lovely couples. After only a few hours of sleep I jumped in the ice cold ocean with my friend Becky to start the year off fresh. I cannot wait for what 2013 has to bring. Happy New Year!






Grumps  Luca & Nana

I've never played baseball in my life. Every pebble my mom threw at me I basically hit to White Rock.

2 comments: