Monday, August 20, 2012

Childcare

Giving my baby, the love of my life, the person I grew in my belly to someone I have never met before sounds like the apocalypse to me.
Obviously when you make an appointment to see a childcare center everything is tickity boo, they have organic carrots and blueberries on the table and you are made to believe this is how it is 24/7. This is not how my house is 24/7 so I know this is not how things run with 4+ children.

I have always been a firm believer in mom staying home, breast-feeding for as long as possible and caring for the children till they are ready to run free. I have been very vocal about this to my friends that this is how I feel and this is how I want to raise Luca. In the care of mom, dad, or nana.
Now, this being said sometimes life takes it's twists and turns and you need a helping hand from basically anyone who can breath. Literally.
The more I thought about it and the more I evaluated Luca and the kind of soul she is, I feel like she is ready to be without me somedays. She is ready for more learning and independence.  I think her going to a daycare a few times a week will be nothing but good for her. Also, it will give me the ability to go to school stress free. Well kinda.

I have decided to take the plunge and enroll myself in full time school for the fall so hopefully one day within the next 75 years I will be a RN. I obviously can't bring missy with me to school so she needs to be somewhere that she can thrive, be safe and happy. I thought this would be tough, but not necessarily impossible. Well.. its seemingly impossible. Wait list after wait list, answering machine after answering machine and two weeks till day 1 of school.
I haven't been putting any negative attention towards not finding something. Actually I haven't been putting much attention towards the subject at all. We've been so busy beach bumming I completely forgot about how urgent this is. I am going to look at a place today, hopefully I get a warm fuzzy feeling about it. Wish us luck!

Luca one day old 



No comments:

Post a Comment