Friday, December 23, 2011

A day from the heavens, still feeling iffy...

Today we left our homestead at 7:00 am which was easy peasy since Luca's new rising time is 5:00 am. We were on the road and heading to our new friends with our neighbor and also new dear friend whom was going to be graciously taking care of Luca for the day while I went on a mommy adventure. We drove down a dirt road for a good 45 minutes before we got to our destination. I never thought it would feel so normal. Luca bouncing up and down hitting her head on the roof getting a gasp of fresh air by sticking her head out the window. irrisponsible parenting you say? pffff.
Our destination was horse stables where we had a delicious breakfast then rode into the sun to go to one of the biggest waterfalls in c.r. It was amazing. We galloped most of the way. Took about 50 minutes to get to the falls, then we parked our horses and hiked one kilometer to fresh water heaven. Had to take a little zip line thingy, I honestly don't know what you would call it, a make shift air cart that took you over a huge river, held on by one piece of rope. Insane. Survivor style. Got to the falls and by this time it was raging hot so i ripped my clothes off and jumped in, ahhhhh it was so beautiful. I ended up weezling my way into another group that came to the falls to cliff jump. Not cliff jump but i guess you say waterfall jump. After the whole group went we asked if me and one other girl could have a turn. So we swam into the rapids towards the fall and they had a rope with a tire we grabbed onto then got pulled in. While I was climbing to the top I couldn't see a thing let alone breath because i was climbing a fucking WATERFALL. It was so scary. One of those ok this is it my life is surely over moments. I ended up somehow getting to the top and jumping off it was crazy, I was shaking like a leaf. Shortly after we got on our horses and headed home. By that time I was on a one way street to get home to Luca. It was so good to see her after all this adventure. She had a great day hanging with her new friends...
I am so exhausted and feeling a little bit weird not being home for Christmas. At around 4:00 everyday i get an overwhelming feeling of homesick and broken hearted-ness. Sucks and I can't wait for it to go away.
Night.




7 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a great day, the countryside looks beautiful! I guess not jumping isn't an option once you are at the top huh? Time for a new entry. I am writing this because 2 people have mentioned that they tried to post a comment but had trouble, so I am trying again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK well you just have to pick which account you originally chose (mine was google account) enter your password and carry on. Worked for me this time but had trouble before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenna,
    This is really cool. It seems like you are really enjoying yourself, and getting a much deserved break from the rat race of life back home! I'm so happy for you and amazed by your courage! I;m sure that Luca is also having a great time :) Hope all is going well! We missed you at Christmas and were thinkin about you both!! I send hugs to you and Luca both and will check this often to see how you are. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... I will try this again. Jenna u look like u r having a wonderful, relaxing time. Great pictures and nice scenery. Great way to enjoy the scenery by riding a horse. Would they allow u to take Luca up in the saddle with u? I am happy to see u & Luca enjoying ur trip. We miss seeing u at Christmas but when u get back we will have u & Luca over for a dinner. Stay safe and we love ur messages. Big hugs to both of u from the Mendonca family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like another great adventure for the memory bank. Nothing like a little risk taking to wake you up in life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding, soooo happy you got to do some adventuring on your own, as your title is SOLO MOMMA, what a great rush it must have been for you, pulled up by a tire, bam, photo shoot or WHAT?! And then the gift of your destination, the best of them all, seeing that little baby girl xoxoxo love you Pretty

    ReplyDelete