Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Attack of the human sized grasshopper

Seriously. I'm not kidding. Look at your hand, this DISGUSTING creature was one hand and a half. So creepy. This will be one of the many many times that i will leap to mars from the site of a creepy crawler this trip. Good thing Luca was asleep otherwise she would have tried to kiss or pet it. Yuk.
Starting to settle into our little temporary home here in Dominical...I'm feeling a tad uneasy but it was to be expected being this far from home with my little one. She choked on a carrot today and it freaked me right out knowing that we couldn't get to a hospital quickly. But the most beautiful places in the world have to be some what remote, right? Right??? This town is really cool, although our home is far up into the jungle we take a 10 minute "tico" bus ride down to the beach and the main road of Dominical. Yesterday we took the bus down and got some gailla pinta (rice and beans) a typical Costa Rican breakfast. Mmm it was absolutely delicious, Luca also had a banana shake sans the sugar, it was super nummy too. Then we headed to the beach it was pretty stormy so the waves were huge. She fell asleep on me so I covered her with a sarong to block the rays (i found out quickly the rays are still strong with no sun) she slept for a good two hours while I just layed my head on a log and listened to the crash of the waves. This is exactly what the doctor ordered.
It is tough being all on my own here though. No one to help, no one to hand her too. It's challenging but not too too different from home... add 30 degree weather, cheap wine and no job and it actually equals to be way easier than home!
We've only been gone a week and it feels like way more, I wonder if that is a bad or good thing. I can't stay up past 8:30 for the life of me, maybe has something to do with my 2 year old wake up call.

6 comments:

  1. Luca looks like she fits right in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks like you guy's are enjoying yourselves. I'm sooo jealous wish I was there. My grandaughter is a lucky girl to have you as her mommy. Soak it all in cause it goes by so fast. Miss you both. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend,
    Thinking of you sooo much these days, hoping your heart feels happy and your spirit feels calm.
    I miss you sooooo much gur!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. I saw a spider the size of your face in Thailand, AHHHHH I know the creepy feeling

    ReplyDelete